What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a federal program designed to help qualifying families pay for broadband service. ACP eligible households can get a discount of $30 per month off their monthly service fee.
What determines eligibility?
To qualify for eligibility, you must be enrolled in specific government assistance programs including SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, and more. You can also qualify based on Lifeline benefits status or household income .
Steps to Apply for ACP
Make sure that Sail Internet can serve you by visiting sailInternet.com and checking your address for serviceability. Once you have confirmed you are in our service area, follow these steps:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply
- Visit the National Verifier to submit an online application (or)
- Visit AffordableConnectivity.gov to print a mail-in application.
- Once you have received your ACP approval and (proof) sign up for Sail online or call us at (844) 438-8484 to select a service plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
- If you schedule your installation online, please remember to call Sail to apply your ACP monthly discount.
- Please note that it is mandatory to complete all steps to receive the Affordable Connectivity Program discount.
Do I need to contact Sail Internet after my application is approved?
- Yes. Whether you are a new or existing customer, you will need to contact Sail customer service to either select your service plan and/or provide proof of your ACP eligibility.
Can I receive both the Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline benefits at the same time?
- Yes, furthermore, these benefits can be combined with other state and local programs where available, and they can be applied to one or more services (e.g., home internet, mobile phone, etc.) offered by the same or multiple providers.
What if I already have internet service from Sail Internet?
- The ACP discount is available to eligible new and existing customers. Once your application is approved you can call Sail’s customer service line to apply the discount to your existing account.
If my Sail monthly service fee is more than the monthly Affordable Connectivity Program benefit, do I pay the difference?
- Yes. You are responsible for any amount over $30 per month (or over $75 per month on Tribal lands) for internet service under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
How long will the Affordable Connectivity Program last?
- The program was designed as a permanent extension of the Emergency Broadband Benefit program and there is currently no end date.