Sr. Engineering Manager, Network Operations
Play a key role in building the company that’s disrupting traditional internet service delivery.
About Sail Internet
Sail Internet creates internet choice where the big names dominate and brings high-speed service where competitors won’t. With fiber at the core of everything we do, Sail bridges the gap from where the fiber ends to where people live and work using a new generation of fixed wireless technology. We deliver high speed internet to businesses, single-family homes, and multi-unit complexes in the San Francisco Bay area and expanding into the San Diego area.
Sail Internet is led by co-founders and internet access experts Kevin Fisher, PhD, Stanford University, former Engineering VP at 2Wire, and George Ginis, PhD, also from Stanford and ASSIA. Sail Internet’s investors include Newlight Partners, Ulu Ventures and Engineering Capital.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Director of DevOps
Location: 115 Everett, Palo Alto CA (currently all remote)
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks required to implement & manage the automation of our core network operations. Additionally, the individual would be responsible for making recommendations, gathering requirements, identifying solutions, implementing proof of concepts, building project plans, and assisting and/or driving production deployments.
Our ideal DevOps Engineer is motivated by a challenge and is driven to succeed. They work well in a team environment, are capable of handling multiple projects at once, and adapts well to change and high-pressure deadlines. They must possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, a positive attitude, as well as stellar organizational and creative problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement build systems, including deployment and configuration management
- Test & troubleshoot implemented designs
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve delivery
- Consult with peers for feedback during design & testing phases
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Manage CI and CD tools in collaboration with the team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Minimum 3 years’ previous commercial experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Strong experience with configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Strong experience with development tools, including JIRA and Git
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment up to 30 pounds or more
- Self-motivated and takes initiative with little direction
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong Python & Perl coding skills
- Familiarity with the OSI model and network diagnostics
- Previous experience working with Agile workflow methodologies
- Previous experience of various tools like Nagios, SmokePing, Slack, Zendesk, Trello, Copper, Google Earth/Maps, JIRA, Github, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, KVM, and OpenStack
- Familiarity with ISP infrastructures, especially WISP
- Previous hands-on experience with networking equipment (e.g. Cisco routers, switching, firewalls, etc)
- Previous experience with security tools, such as SIEM, log management, etc.
- Previous experience in a 24/7 environment with 100% uptime goals